Kate Henshaw Nuttal popularly known as Kate Henshaw is a Nollywood actress, producer, politician, and fitness expert who has won several awards. She is also a social activist who cares about the well-being of her society.
For her role in the film “Stronger than Pain,” she won the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in 2008.
Profile Summary of Kate Henshaw
19 July 1971
Calabar, Cross River, Nigeria
|Relatives||Andre Blaze (cousin)|
Kate Henshaw, the oldest of four children, was born in Cross River State. She had her basic education at St. Mary private school in Ajele, Lagos. She was then accepted into the Federal Government Girl College in Calabar for secondary school. She studied remedial studies for a year at the University of Calabar before majoring in Medical Microbiology at the School of Medical Lab Science at LUTH (Lagos University Teaching Hospital) in Lagos. Henshaw was a nurse in the Bauchi State General Hospital in Bauchi, Nigeria. Kate Henshaw worked as a model before becoming an actor, appearing in a number of advertisements, including a print and television advertisement for Shield deodorant.
Roderick James Nuttal, a British-born actor, married Kate Henshaw in 1999 and they have one kid together. In 2011, Henshaw and Nuttal divorced.
Kate Henshaw was picked for the lead part in the film When the Sun Sets in 1993 after auditioning. This was her first significant role in a Nollywood film. Kate Henshaw has appeared in over 45 Nigerian films.
For the film Stronger than Pain, she received the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in 2008. She was nominated for an African Movie Academy Award in 2018 for her work in the film “Roti,” for which she received a nomination for “Best Actress in a Leading Role.”
Kate Henshaw officially launched her campaign website on July 19, 2014, as she sought to represent the Peoples Democratic Party’s Calabar Municipal/Odukpani Federal district. Kate Henshaw lost the primary race to Rt. Hon. Essien Ayi, but in December 2015, Cross River State Governor Ben Ayade appointed her as Special Advisor Liaison Lagos.
In 2016, a Twitter user tagged Henshaw in a photo of a two-year-old kid named Michael Alvez who was born with an ulcerous tumor on his face. Henshaw became interested in the case after seeing the photo. She and others gave an amount of 8 million Naira to the boy’s care. The money was returned, however, at the request of the family, who had turned down any assistance.
Awards and Nominations
- Kate Henshaw was named a member of the Order of the Federal Republic by the Nigerian government in 2011. (MFR).
- THEMA Awards for her role as Omo in When The Sun Sets – 1996
- Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in Leading Role – 2008
- City People Movie Award for Face of Nollywood (English) – 2015
- Best Actress award at ZAFAA for her role in the movie Iquo’s Journal – 2015
- Nominated for the Late Ambassador Segun Olusola NBMA for Actress of the Year – 2016
- City People Movie Special Recognition Award – 2016
- Nominated by the Nigeria Entertainment Award for Best Actress of the Year (TV) – 2016
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the BON Awards – 2017
- Nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards – 2018.
- Kate Henshaw has an endorsement deal with Blessings Perfume, the UK as a brand ambassador in 2012.
- She also has an endorsement with the telecommunications company – Globacom Limited as a brand ambassador.
- Kate Henshaw was once a judge on Nigeria’s Got Talent Reality Show.
- Onga Seasoning signed an endorsement deal with Kate Henshaw, where she was made a brand ambassador for the Onga brand.
- Kate signed a major endorsement deal with Samsung Mobile Nigeria.
- The award-winning actress was recently chosen as one of the international judges representing Nigeria at the New CBS Global talent show tagged The World’s Best.
- Kate Henshaw is the Patron of the Little Saints Orphanage – one of the oldest orphanage homes in Lagos State.
- She is an ambassador for the Action Aid of Nigeria.
- Kate and Dan Foster were chosen as judges for the reality program Nigeria Got Talent in September 2012.
- Kate Henshaw and Banky W were named brand ambassadors for Samsung Mobile Division in 2013.
- Kate was chosen as one of the 50 judges for the CBS International Talent Show The World’s Best in January 2019.
- Do Good Series
- When the Sun Sets – 1993
- Above Death: In God We Trust – 2003
- A Million Tears – 2006
- My Little Secret – 2006
- Games Men Play – 2006
- Stronger Than Pain – 2007
- Show Me Heaven – 2007
- Broken Tears – 2008
- The Meeting – 2012
- The Assassin’s Practice – 2013
- A Few Good Men – 2014
- Fighting for Nothing – 2014
- Aremu The Principal – 2015
- Iquo’s Journal – 2015
- End of Battle – 2015
- Scars of Womanhood – 2017
- Roti – 2017
- Couple’s Award – 2017
- The Women – 2017
- Busted – 2017
- Broken Ambition – 2018
- Chief Daddy – 2018
- New Money – 2018
- The Ghost and The House of Truth – 2019
- The Wives (A Stage Play) – 2019
- 4th Republic – 2019