How to Recharge your Prepaid Meter Online in Nigeria
How to Recharge your Prepaid Meter Online in Nigeria: Prepaid electricity meters were introduced by the Nigerian government a few years ago in order to address incidences of electricity price hikes, energy theft, and corruption among the then-Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) employees. In the same way that a mobile phone works, prepaid power meters do as well. You recharge it at the beginning of each month (or whenever your previous energy time has been used up), and then you utilize it while you are being charged for consumption time.
Please keep in mind that prepaid meters are fundamentally different from postpaid meters in that, whereas postpaid meters allow you to consume energy in advance, prepaid meters only serve you energy in arrears of the units you have purchased.
Obviously, if you are still going to the “NEPA” office in order to recharge your prepaid electricity account, you are still living in the ancient past. Not to be concerned, that isn’t necessarily a bad idea, and you are most likely not alone in thinking that way. Some of us prefer to continue doing things the way they have been done in the past because they have worked for us.
According to one wise guy, “if you don’t try new things, you might never find out what you’re missing,” which is a good reminder to always be open to new experiences. Having said that, the fact that you are reading this post indicates that you are taking a step on the correct path. This now indicates that you are willing to learn, and you will continue to learn.
All you need to recharge electricity prepaid meter online
- A smartphone, Laptop, or Desktop with an active internet
- Prepaid meter number (Usually written boldly on the body of your prepaid meter)
- ATM card details for customers who cannot transfer (Master/Verve/Visa cards)
- Phone number (This is where the token will be sent)
- Email Address
Now that you have So let’s quickly proceed to how to recharge a prepaid electricity meter online even if you don’t have a bank app.
Read Also Benefits Of Using a Prepaid Meter In Nigeria
How to Recharge your Prepaid Meter Online in Nigeria
The following strategies will come in handy if you find yourself in a situation where you need to purchase power units. During the hours of midnight and dawn, for example, when the electrical company’s offices are closed All that is asked of you is to log on to the internet and request that your electricity is restored. The following are the various methods for paying electricity bills online.
In this section, we’ll look at how to recharge your electricity prepaid meter online.
How to Recharge Prepaid Meter Online using PHCN official website
The majority of Nigerians are unaware that the Power Holding Company of Nigeria has an official, fully functional website that they can visit. You may complete all of your online transactions from this site.
But this approach is only available in a few areas of the country with some distribution companies which include Eko Distributing Company, Ikeja Distribution Company, and Ibadan Distribution Company.
Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Visit the official website of PHCN
- Choose your electricity supplier
- Fill in your prepaid meter details, which includes your name, meter name, and location
- Choose an online payment method and fill in the promoted details, including bank name, credit card type, and number
- Enter your One-Time password sent to your phone to confirm payment
Read Also How to Apply For Prepaid Meter Under Ikeja Electric 2022
How to recharge prepaid meter online using nepa.ng
Here are the simple steps to follow for it to be a success:
- Visit the NEPA website
- Select the electricity distribution company you are registered with
- Enter your meter number
- Enter the worth of electricity units you desire to purchase
- Input your phone number and email address and submit
- Input your credit card details
- Confirm your order summary and wait for your prepaid token
How to Recharge Prepaid Meter Online Using Quickteller
To make your purchase a success, complete the steps below:
- Select a distribution firm at quickteller.com. You can use the search box to find one.
- Complete the form. Your meter number, email address, mobile phone number, a one-time password, and the amount you want to pay are all included. Review the details and click proceed to confirm the amount. This service is subject to a small transaction fee.
- Fill in your credit card information and submit your payment. You’ll be taken to a web-payment page where you may make a payment using your e-wallet or debit card.
- Confirm the transaction and recharge the recharge code.
- As a precaution, a quick teller will give you an OTP to your phone once you’ve completed the transaction.
- You’ll see a successful payment notice at the top of the page once you’ve finished. On this page, you’ll also see a recharge pin code. Fill up your prepaid meter with it.
Read Also What is Key Change Token (KCT) And How to Generate The Token
How To Recharge Prepaid Electricity Meter online Using Jumia pay
JumiaPay makes it simple and quick to pay your power bills online, whether they are prepaid or postpaid. Simple instructions will guide you through the process of topping off or paying your prepaid electricity bill. Eko, Kano, Ikeja, Abuja, Ibadan, and Port Harcourt are some of the areas you can use Jumia pay if you live in any of them.
JumiaPay eliminates the hassle of lugging cash around or visiting physical offices to pay your electricity payment, allowing you to relax knowing that your electricity bill has already been paid. With JumiaPay’s hassle-free service, you can pay your power bill whenever and wherever you choose, whether you’re at home, at work, or on the road.
In order to pay your electricity bill, you no longer need to visit a physical location or stand in long lines. JumiaPay allows you to pay your power bill online from the comfort of your own home or office without having to leave your desk. Pay with our dependable service from the comfort of your own home or office in just a few minutes and avoid being disconnected or experiencing unneeded anxiety. If you want to make your power bill payment on time, JumiaPay’s simple, uncomplicated, and rapid payment solution is exactly what you need.
Not only does JumiaPay save you time and effort, but it also saves you money. JumiaPay never charges you a service fee or a convenience fee for using our service. No service charge is applied, and you save a total of 100 on each electricity bill payment.
Here are steps to follow to recharge your prepaid meters online Using Jumia pay
- Sign up or log in using your email address and password
- Select Electricity from the list of services
- Select your contract type – prepaid or postpaid
- Select your electricity board
- If prepaid, enter your meter number and the amount you wish to top up. If postpaid, enter your account number and the amount of your bill
- Complete the payment with your debit card or your bank account on our secure payment platform
How To Recharge Prepaid Electricity Meter Online Using VTpass
VTpass is a bill payment website that allows you to purchase and pay for the majority of utility bills, including prepaid power meters. Listed below are the steps that you would need to follow.
- Please see www.vtpass.com for more information.
- Make a selection from the dropdown menu at the top left that says “pay electricity bills.” Select your energy provider and press the “Go” button.
- Fill in the necessary information and select the “prepaid” option. Fill out the form using your meter number (see this post for more information on how to locate your meter number) and click “Submit.”
- You will receive your token in your email in a matter of minutes once you have entered your payment information.
Read Also How to reduce electricity consumption in our various homes
How To Recharge Prepaid Electricity Meter Online Using Buypower.ng
One of the quickest methods of recharging your meter is to do so in this manner. The nicest aspect about using BuyPower.ng is that it caters to users in all 36 of Nigeria’s states. Follow these easy steps to get started:
- Visit the BuyPower.ng website
- Please enter your phone number. Fill in your full name, state of residence, email address, meter number, and amount of electricity to be procured on the form that will be displayed, as well as any other required information, such as full name, state of residence, email address, meter number, and amount of electricity to be procured.
- Choose an online payment method and enter your information, including the name of your bank, credit card type and number, and CVV number.
- To confirm payment, enter the one-time password issued to your phone number by your bank. The information of the recharge will be emailed to the phone number provided in the second step.
How to use bank mobile applications to recharge prepaid meters online
On their platforms, most Nigerian banks have made it easy to conduct online transactions. All that is required of you is a smartphone with the bank’s app.
To pay for your prepaid meter online with GTB, Access Bank, UBA, Zenith Bank, and other banks, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your bank’s mobile app.
Select the option to pay your power bill.
- Fill in your prepaid meter number and the amount you intend to purchase with the power distribution company with which your prepaid meter is registered.
- Fill in your banking information and confirm using the one-time password (OTP) given to your phone.
- In a few seconds, the recharge pin will be given to your phone number.
How To Recharge Prepaid Electricity Meter online by iRecharge
- You need to open a personal account on the iRecharge website
- Once successfully opened, log in to the online platform
- Select the wallet option, click on fund wallet to transfer your cash from your bank account
- Fill in the required information and continue with the deposit, which includes bank name, credit card number, amount to deposit, and so on
- Once the deposited amount has been reflected on your dashboard, select the electricity bill Key in the amount of electricity you desire to recharge your prepaid meter and fill in the required information
- The recharge pin will be sent to your mobile number after completing the above steps.
Read Also Top 11 Electricity Distribution Companies In Nigeria
How to recharge prepaid electricity meter online using Instant Energy
This is a worldwide platform that provides energy solutions to companies, homes, and industries. You can access the platform by logging in to their official website or using the mobile phone application.
- Open an account with Instant Energy using the mobile application or by visiting their website.
- Choose to buy electricity and fill in the required information, which includes your name, phone number, meter number, and recharge amount
- Proceed with the payment by filling in your bank details
- Key in the OTP sent from your bank, and you will receive your prepaid recharge pin in a few
With the information provided above on how to recharge a prepaid energy meter online, you can be assured that you will not be subjected to any difficulties or dark days. All that is required is that you exercise caution when entering your credit card information. Always conduct such transactions over a secure network to keep your information safe from prying eyes.
1. How to reduce electricity consumption in our various home
2. Ikeja Electric Upgrades Mobile App to Improve Customer Experience and Services
3. Ikeja Electric Introduces Incentives for Whistleblowers on Energy Theft
4. Ikeja Electric schedules all customers for metering under the National Mass Metering Programme(NMMP)
5. Cost Of Solar Panel and Inverter Installation In Nigeria