How to Make MSN your default homepage: Microsoft Network (MSN) is a web portal and related collection of Internet services and apps for Windows and mobile devices that was introduced on August 24, 1995, concurrently with the release of Windows 95.
The Microsoft Network began as a subscription-based dial-up service and eventually evolved into an Internet service provider known as MSN Dial-up. As part of the introduction, Microsoft introduced a brand-new web portal called Microsoft Internet Start, which was made the default home page for the company’s web browser, Internet Explorer. It was rebranded and transferred to www.msn.com by Microsoft in 1998, where it has remained ever since.
In addition to its original MSN Dial-up service, Microsoft has used the ‘MSN’ brand name for a wide range of products and services over the years, most notably Hotmail (later Outlook.com), Messenger (which was once synonymous with ‘MSN’ in Internet slang and is now replaced by Skype), and its web search engine, which is now Bing, as well as several other rebranded and discontinued services.
READ ALSO: How to Login to 1and1 Webmail Account
Setting the msn homepage as your web browser homepage is the greatest way to acquire all of the world’s latest news and updates on an one page. Users can customize the MSN homepage to meet their specific needs. It is compatible with desktop computers, laptop computers, and mobile devices. This article provides comprehensive instructions for making MSN your default homepage in various web browsers. It also aids the user in restoring MSN’s homepage from google.com.
How to make MSN your default home page on Google Chrome
By default, Google Chrome opens the current group of tabs as the browser’s default home page. A large number of individuals are looking for the methods to permanently make msn.com my homepage/restore MSN homepage. This article will walk you through the process of setting MSN as your default homepage in Google Chrome.
- It is necessary to click on the icon with three horizontal lines, which is located at the top right corner of the screen and is labeled as “customized and control Google Chrome.
- Click on the setting from the available options.
- Scroll down and search for appearance section. Under appearance section, turn on the ‘show home button’ option which is disable by default.
- It will open set of two radio buttons. Click on the second one.
- It will prompt you to input a custom web address; type www.msn.com into that text box and press the OK button. Users who have already made another webpage their default homepage can remove the current URL from the text box and insert the msn website url
- Following the appearance of this homepage icon on the Google Chrome toolbar.
- Click on it to go to the new page you just created.
Chrome users can also establish msn as their homepage using the second technique mentioned below.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- The menu icon with three dots can be seen in the upper right corner of the screen. Simply click on it.
- Select the setting category from the drop down menu.
- Look for the startup areas in the settings.
- Click on the button named as ‘open specific page or set of pages’.
- Go with the ‘set pages’ option.
- Enter the homepage URL i.e. www.msn.com
- Click on the ok button.
- After then site will be added in the link.
- Select the homepage URL which you added in the list and click ok button to complete process.
How to make MSN your default homepage in the Microsoft Edge web browser
When using the latest Windows 10 operating system, the Microsoft Edge web browser is recommended and the default web browser. The Microsoft Edge web browser has already been configured to use MSN as the default homepage. If the user has set another website as their homepage, such as www.google.com, and is searching for how do I change my homepage from Google to MSN or how to restore MSN homepage, the following steps can be used to help the user restore their MSN homepage on the Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Open the Microsoft Edge web browser on your computer.
- The more icon (…) can be found in the upper right corner of the screen. To access that icon, click on it.
- From the context menu, select the option for setting up your computer.
- Make your way over to the part labeled ‘open Microsoft edge with’.
- Select ‘a specific page or pages’ from the drop-down menu.
- Users can type in www.msn.com or the website address that they want to use as their homepage in the box provided.
- To save the configuration, click on the save symbol.
Read Also How to Reactivate AOL Mail Account
How to make MSN your default homepage on Internet Explorer
When using the Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 8.1 operating systems, Internet Explorer is the default web browser. In recognition of the fact that internet explorer is a Microsoft product, the default homepage in internet explorer is set to msn.com by default. Follow these instructions to make MSN your default homepage in the Internet Explorer browser, often known as how to reinstate MSN as your default browser home page.
- Start Internet Explorer
- Go to the Microsoft homepage.
- Select ‘Tools’ from the drop-down menu and then ‘Internet options’ from the context menu.
- Select the ‘General’ tab from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the homepage portion on the screen by using the arrow keys.
- To make msn your default home page in the internet explorer web browser, click the option labeled “use current.”
Another option for making msn.com the default homepage in the Internet Explorer web browser is available.
- Open the Internet Explorer web browser on your computer.
- Go to the Microsoft home page.
Select Tools->Internet Options->General from the menu bar.
- In the General tab, look for the area titled “Homepage.”
- To make msn your default homepage in internet explorer, click on the ‘use default’ button in the toolbar.
Read Also How to Login ATT.net Email
How to make MSN your default homepage on Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Click on ‘Tools’ from the Mozilla Firefox toolbar.
- Go to the ‘options’.
- Open the General tab.
- In the homepage area, type www.msn.com into the address bar of your browser. It is possible to change the homepage of a user who currently has another website set as their homepage. To do so, simply remove the existing website address from their textbox and type msn website address in the text box.
- To finish the procedure, click on the OK button.
As a result, the user can set msn as their homepage in the Mozilla Firefox web browser, or they can restore their previous MSN Com homepage. An MSN extension is available for download from the Mozilla Firefox store. The user can download and install it in order to gain access to the benefits of msn and set it as the homepage of the Mozilla Firefox web browsing application.
How to make MSN your default homepage on safari
The Mac operating system’s default web browser is Safari. By following the steps below, Mac users can make msn their default homepage.
- Open the Safari browser.
- Go to the msn.com homepage of the page you want to set as your safari browser’s homepage.
Go to the options option in the Safari menu.
- Go to the “General” tab.
- To return to the current page, go to the homepage and click the’set to current page’ button.
- To open new tabs with the msn home page, select homepage from the radio button ‘New tabs open with’.
- Close the window by clicking the close button.
How to make MSN your default homepage on Opera web browser
Users that need to use the internet frequently prefer and use the Opera web browser. Users of Opera can set msn as their homepage by performing the steps below in order.
- Launch the opera web browser.
- From the opera web browser’s toolbar, select the ‘file’ option.
- Select ‘preferences’ from the drop-down menu.
- On the screen, select the’start and exit’ area.
- Users can type www.msn.com into the text field to make msn their home page in the opera web browser. Users who have previously set another webpage as their homepage and want to change it to msn can erase the current URL in the text box and replace it with the msn URL.
- To complete the process, click the OK button.
Read Also Are Yahoo chat rooms still available?
Several users have noticed that their browser keeps requesting them to set msn.com as their homepage on a regular basis. In such instances, the best course of action is to download and install the most recent version of your web browser that is currently available on the market. Users who have experienced msn not loading on their web browser can use the remedies provided to resolve the issue.
- Make sure your internet connection is active. Users with slow internet connections frequently experience issues such as my MSN homepage not loading.
- Restart the computer or turn it off and on again after a few minutes.
- Check the settings for the firewall and antivirus software. It’s possible that msn will be placed to an antivirus’s prohibited list, preventing users from accessing the service through their web browser.
- Clear the web browser’s temporary files or cookies.
- Clear the web browser’s cache memory.
- Clear your surfing history on the internet.
- Disable your ad blocker.
- Restart your computer and reconnect to the internet.
- The web browser should be updated.
After you’ve tried all of the methods, use the refresh button to see if the msn page is loading. There may be a msn server problem in your area in rare situations. MSN may be changing their services, causing them to be temporarily unavailable. In these cases, the user can just try again after some time has passed.
There are a variety of alternative browsers and versions on the market. The most popular and widely used browser, with instructions on how to set MSN as their default site included in the article.
Basic Instructions for Restoring the MSN Homepage
Microsoft’s MSN is a popular web portal and internet service provider. Several individuals utilize MSN to improve their web browsing experience. Users may stay up to date by accessing the newest news from across the world at www.msn.com, a trusted and reputable source.
On a single page, users may access breaking news, current events, weather updates, celebrity gossip, political and financial updates, as well as business and technology-related news. Users can also choose to receive regional news updates by setting their location. By referring to this article, users who frequently visit the MSN.com homepage – www.msn.com – can establish MSN as their home page. The homepage is the web page that loads automatically when a web browser is launched.
In this article, we hope that users will find the ideal solution to the topic of how do I restore my msn homepage. The appropriate way for setting msn as the homepage for the user’s web browser may be found here.