Gbenro Ajibade is a Nigerian actor, producer, model, and television personality who has received numerous awards. The Nigerian actor is most known for his part in the television series Tinsel, which he co-starred in. During the course of the series, he is one of the most prominent characters.
The charming model, who is friendly and humorous, has garnered widespread recognition for his outstanding performance in the entertainment world.
Here is everything you need to know about Gbenro Ajibade’s life, including information about his personal life and his professional modeling, film, and television career.
Profile Summary of Gbenro Ajibade
Gbenro Emmanuel Ajibade
Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria
|Other names||Gbenro Emmanuel Ajibade|
|Occupation||Actor, model, TV host film producer|
Gbenro Ajibade Biography
Gbenro Emmanuel Ajibade was born on the 8th of December 1985 in Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria, to Gbenro Emmanuel Ajibade’s family. He is the fourth of six children, and he is the fourth born. Jude Ige Ajibade, one of his siblings, passed away recently. His father’s name is Patrick Ajibade, and he works as an Engineer in Nigeria.
There is little information available about his mother and other siblings.
Gbenro Ajibade Education
For his primary school education, he was enrolled at Makurdi International School. Later, he enrolled at Mount Saint Gabriels Secondary School in Toronto.
The Benue State University, where Ajibade studied Biology and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biology, was also a stop on his journey.
Gbenro Ajibade also traveled to New York to participate in a film workshop with Tasha Smith.
Gbenro Ajibade Career
Ajibade has a strong desire to pursue a career in modeling and acting. Gbenro began his modeling career in 2005, immediately after graduating from university.
Runaways all across the country and around the world have been a regular stop for him. Gbenro has also appeared in a number of television commercials and other advertisements.
His first break into the public eye came through the Mnet series Tinsel, in which he played the role of Soji. Soji is a twenty-year-old who is fluent in Hausa. He is a pleasant and amusing person.
Gbenro Ajibade and Osas Ighodaro Marriage
Gbenro Ajibade was married to Osas Ighodaro, a Nigerian-American actress, producer, and television personality who was born in the United States. In 2014, the couple announced their engagement.
Osas and Gbenro Ajibade are the parents of a daughter named Azariah Tiwatope Osarugue Ajibade, who was born to them.
Gbenro Ajibade and his wife had been together for almost five years. First, they had a traditional wedding before traveling to New York City for a white wedding ceremony and reception.
Is Gbenro Ajibade still in a relationship?
It was revealed that the actor did not marry his ex-wife, Osas Ighodaro, in order to obtain a green card.
Osas Ighodaro and Gbenro Ajibade are no longer together as a couple. He confirmed that he and Osas Ighodaro were divorcing, as reported by the media.
“We are no longer in a relationship. “We’ve decided to divorce,” he stated.
During their marriage, he accused her wife, Osas, of being careless and unreliable in the household. He called her out for leaving their child in the care of a stranger while he went out to relax.
Gbenro Ajibade Height
With his height, the actor stated that he was able to fit into the roles of photography and fashion modeling. The height of Gbenro Ajibade is 6 feet and 3 inches.
Gbenro Ajibade Net worth
From his activities in the entertainment and showbiz industries, he has amassed a large financial fortune. He is estimated to have a net worth of $700,000 dollars.
Gbenro Ajibade as a Host/Presenter
- Gbenro hosted the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA) nominee brunch alongside Linda Ejiofor – 2013
- He was the host of the maiden edition of the WED awards alongside Beverly Naya – 2013
- Guest Presenter at the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA) – 2016
- The commentator at the Female Celebrity Soccer Match – 2016
- Host of the Best of Nollywood (BON) Awards alongside Rahama Sadau – 2017
- AFRIMMA Fashion Show Host – 2019
See Also: 100 Profitable business ideas to start now that will make you a millionaire.
Gbenro Ajibade’s Movies & TV Series
- Tinsel (TV Series) – 2008
- Twisted Thorne – 2011
- The Wages – 2013
- Shattered Romance – 2014
- Gbomo Gbomo Express – 2015
- 30’s – 2015
- Shattered Romance – 2015
- Locked Up – 2016
- An Hour with the Shrink – 2016
- 10 Days in Sun City – 2017
- Jenifa’s Diary (Season 10) TV series – 2017
- Catch.er – 2017
- Couple’s Award – 2017
- Wrong Turn – 2017
- Me vs Me – 2017
- When a woman loves – 2017
- The View – 2017
- Dere, an African Tale (on Ebonylife TV) – 2017
- Wurukum Roundabout – 2017
- Official Business – 2017
- Bachelor’s Eve – 2018
- Memoirs of 4 – 2018
- Bad Boy and Pretty – 2018
- Hip Hop Holiday – 2019
- Reprisal – 2019
- Shadows (to be released in 2020)
Gbenro Ajibade’s Endorsements
- INEC youth ambassador for supporting INEC for peaceful elections – 2015
- One of the judges at the Miss Charismatic Nigeria beauty contest – 2015
- Brand Ambassador of Yomi Casual – 2015
- Gbenro signed an endorsement deal as the Brand ambassador of Caesar couture – 2016
- Instant pick-up brand ambassador – 2017
- Payporte Fashion Ambassador – 2018
Awards And Nominations Of Gbenro Ajibade
- Best Youth Act Movie Male nominee at the Tush Awards – 2014
- Nominated for the award of the Golden Supporting Actor Drama at the Golden Movie Awards – 2016
- Winner of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon – 2018
- Diamond Special Recognition Awards recipient – 2019
- The Sexiest Man Alive by the Man Magazine Nigeria – 2019