Gabriel Afolayan is a Nigerian singer and actor who has won numerous awards. He is the son of the late Iranian entertainer Adeyemi Afolayan. G-fresh is his stage name as a musician, and he is the younger brother of Kunle Afolayan, a well-known movie producer and director.
In this article, we will be considering the biography of Gabriel Afolayan, from his acting profession to his musical journey and his family.
Profile Summary of Gabriel Afolayan
|Born||March 1, 1985|
|Years active||1997 – present|
|Parent(s)||Adeyemi Afolayan (father)|
|Relatives||Moji Afolayan (sister)
Kunle Afolayan (brother)
Aremu Afolayan (brother)
Biography & Early Life
Gabriel Afolayan is the son of Mr. Adeyemi Afolayan, often known as Adelove, a pioneer of the Nigerian Nollywood business.
He is from Agbamu, Irepodun Local Government Area in Kwara State. Gabriel was born on Lagos Island’s Island Maternity in the early 1980s but grew up in Ibadan.
Gabriel Afoloyan is 36 years old as of 2021, having been born in Nigeria on March 1st, 1985. Every year on March 1st, he celebrates his birthday. On March 1st, 2021, Afoloyan will become 36 years old.
In Ibadan, he received his primary, secondary, and university education. Aremu and Kunle Afolayan, two of his siblings, are also in the entertainment industry.
Gabriel Afolayan Education
Gabriel Afolayan earned a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts from the University of Ibadan (U.I). He went on to the identity drama school in Brixton, London, to study performing arts. John Boyega, Cynthia Erivo, Letitia Wright, Idris Damson, Malaki Kirby, Gloria Chikezie, and more graduated from Identity Drama School.
Gabriel Afolayan Family
As previously stated, Gabriel is the son of Adeyemi Afolayan, a Nigerian comedian known as Ade Love.
Kunle, his older brother, is a director, while Aremu, his younger brother, is a Nollywood actor. Gabriel also revealed that he has a brother, Ana, who works as a director of photography and considers himself to be one of Nigeria’s greatest. Surprisingly, most people have never heard of him.
There’s also Toyin Afolayan, well known by her stage name Lola Idijie, an actress and Gabriel’s aunt. He was the father of Gabriel Afolayan, Ade Love, according to Toyin, who introduced her to the theater.
Gabriel Afolayan Career
The outstanding actor began his acting career in 1990 with the movie F Opawon, which was directed by Baba Sala. He rose to prominence thanks to Tade Ogidan’s film Madam Dearest and Wale Adenuga’s popular TV series Super Story. He has since been in a number of successful films and has garnered countless honors and nominations.
He’s also starred in a number of films directed by his brother, Kunle Afolayan. However, he stated in an interview that this is not a condition that should always be present in his brother’s movies.
Gabriel Afolayan was a member of his church choir and had always loved music. Throughout his musical career, his passion and enthusiasm for music have been his driving force. Gabriel began working as a backup singer at the Phoenix Studio in Ibadan in 1997.
His music is described as a love ballad. Gabriel’s hit singles include Kokoro Ife, Awelewa, Chapterz, Plug it, Dayan Mo Club 09, Kpasikona, and Put Your Money, among others (Bebe Toh Duro).
2face, Banky W., Aa, and Bez are some of his musical influences, and he identifies his musical genre as “Love Ballad.” His hits “Awelewa” and “Kokoro Ife” are among his most well-known.
Gabriel Afolayan Marriage
In 2018, the actor married Adebanke Lawal. On April 5, 2018, the two married in a traditional ceremony. The wedding ceremony took place in Ibadan, where friends, relatives, and colleagues from the entertainment industry all came out to support them on their special day.
Banky W and his wife, Adesua Etomi, were among the guests, as was his brother, Kunle Afolayan. Captain Tunde Demuren, his best friend, was also present. Mo’Cheddah, Adeniyi Johnson, Tope Tedela, and Wole Ojo are among the other personalities in attendance.
There were rumors that ties between Gabriel and his brother, actor Aremu, were strained, which is why he did not attend Aremu’s wedding, but the actor has disputed the claims. He informed us that he was unable to attend the wedding because he was not in town at the time.
However, speculations about their divorce have circulated on and off social media sites. In addition, Gabriel and Adebanke have unfollowed each other on Instagram.
This came after the media reported that Gabriel’s wife, Adebanke, had cheated on him with Banky W, a popular music musician. Neither Gabriel nor Adebanke, however, have commented on the controversies.
Neither Gabriel nor Adebanke, however, have commented on the controversies.
Gabriel Afolayan is an Airtel brand ambassador, and he previously mentioned in an interview that one of his most well-known parts was in one of the Airtel commercials in which he featured.
According to the actor, the role was special since it was different from his regular performances in that it required him to act without speaking and was rather difficult.
Gabriel Afolayan’s Net worth
Afolayan is a well-known Nigerian actor and singer who is considered one of the richest and most powerful in the country, with a net worth of around $500,000.
Gabriel Afolayan’s Movies
- Madam Dearest
- Super Story Series
- F Opawon – 1990
- Aramotu – 2010
- Ghetto Dreamz: The Dagrin Story – 2011
- Heroes and Zeroes – 2012
- Hoodrush – 2012
- Glitterati – 2013
- The Antique – 2014
- Ojujo – 2014
- 7 Inch Curve – 2015
- Okafor’s Law – 2016
- A Love Like This – 2016
- King Invincible – 2017
- Tatu – 2017
- Something Wicked – 2017
- Alakada Reloaded – 2017
- Hanatu – 2017
- Kasala – 2018
- Power of 1 – 2018
- Philander – 2018
- Gold Statue – 2019
- Lugard, The Movie – 2019
- For Maria – 2019
- Oracles Online – 2019
- Coming from Insanity – 2019
- Alubarika – 2019
- Codewilo – 2019
- Latana 1 and 2 – 2019
- Sharo – 2019
- Say Mama – 2019
In the film Sade, Gabriel Afolayan played a dog called Big Joe, and he confessed in an interview that it was an amazing experience.
“Sade” is the first Nigerian animated film to contain an all-Nigerian cast, as well as a musical component.
Jimi Solanke, Nobert Young, Bimbo Manuel, Ngozi Nwosu, Biodun Aleja, Jude Orhorha, Yemi Shodimu, Judith Audu, Kate Adepegba, and Deji Adenuga are among the cast members.
Big Joe is a character in the film who has ties to the criminal underworld. Big Joe, according to Gabriel, has been on the street for a long time and has seen everything. He’s also the kind of dog who’s traveled from Mushin to Lekki, so he’s a huge character in a small package.
The actor went on to say that the difference between animation and a real movie was going through the vocal practice, which he said was one of the things he enjoyed the most since it seemed familiar. It was also his first time working on a feature-length animated film.
In the film “King Invincible,” Gabriel played Prince Adetiba. Femi Adisa made his directorial debut with this film, which was released in cinemas in 2017.
The film is a massive epic that tells a vast love and war story. According to the plot, a handsome warlord named Taari (Tope Tedela) is rapidly transforming into a wolf due to a curse placed on him by the dogs. He must discover a solution for this curse right away or he would be cursed for the rest of his life. The plot thickens as he learns that the village’s prince, Adetiba, will stop at nothing to keep him from receiving the treatment he so requires.
Gabriel Afolayan recently starred alongside Bolanle Ninalowo in the film ‘Truncated.’ The film is now being shot in several locations in Lagos and Ogun state, and portrays the story of a talented athlete whose career was wrecked by drug misuse.
Chike, a skilled and rising athlete who is in love with Toyin Abraham but whose career was damaged when he began consuming drugs, is played by the actor.
Toyin Alausa, Afeez Eniola, Ayo Adesanya, Adekemi Taofeek, Oluyomi Adekanbi, and Hadiza Abubakar are among the cast members of the film.
Gabriel Afolayan’s Songs
- Kokoro Ife in the album Songs Collection – 2015
- Awelewa in the album Songs Collection – 2015
- Alantere in the album Songs Collection – 2015
- Kpasi Kona in the album Songs Collection – 2015
- Bebe Toh Duro in the album Songs Collection – 2015
- Real Talk in the album Songs Collection – 2015
- Chapters in the album Songs Collection – 2015
- Segi in the album Segi – 2015
- Ko Le Ye Won in the album Ko Le Ye Won – 2016
- Hold On in the album Hold On – 2016
- Amoke in the album Amoke – 2018
- Doesn’t Count in the album Amoke – 2018
- Gamulu in the album Amoke – 2018
- Ife Wa in the album Instinct – 2018
- Sisi Eko in the album Instinct – 2018
- Meta in the album Instinct – 2018
- Orekelewa in the album Instinct – 2018
- Ontemi in the album Instinct – 2018
- Shogunrege in the album Instinct – 2018
- All my Love in the album Instinct – 2018
- Take my Hands in the album Instinct – 2018
- Funky Love in the album Instinct – 2018
- Tin Ba Gbo Kpe in the album Instinct – 2018
- Sugar Daddy in the album Instinct – 2018
- Ready in the album Instinct – 2018
- Original in the album Instinct – 2018
- Essential in the album Instinct – 2018
- Money in the album Instinct – 2018
- Go Up in the album– 2018
- So Fine in the album So Fine – 2019
- Cute Bunny in the album Cute Bunny – 2019
Gabriel Afolayan founded Studio6 in 2010 as a multimedia limited liability company to represent the Gabriel Afolayan Brand. The company’s goal is to have a positive impact on the world through high-quality media content.
Film production, music creation, label management, television advertising and programming, and radio advertising and programming are all services offered by Studio6. Sales of media-related equipment are also a part of the company’s business.
Awards And Nominations Of Gabriel Afolayan
- Most Promising Actor at the Yoruba Movies Academy Awards – 2012
- The Rising Star at the Nollywood Movies Award (NMA) – 2012
- Best Supporting Actor at the Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) – 2013
- Nominated at the Nollywood Movies Awards for Best Actor in a Supporting Role – 2013
- Best Actor in a Leading Role nominee at the Nollywood Movies Awards for Best Actor – 2013
- Outstanding Actor at the Abuja International Film Festival (AIFF) – 2019
- Nominee for Best Actor in a Leading Role (English) at the BON Awards – 2019
- Best actor in a leading role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) – 2019
- Ynaija named Gabriel Afolayan amongst the 100 most influential Nigerians in film – 2019
- Best Actor (Male) nominee at the Intellects Awards – 2019
- Actor of the year nominee at the Africa Choice Awards – 2019
- Special Mention Lead Actor Feature at the Five Continents International Film Festival (FCIFF) – 2019