Are you dreaming of studying in New Zealand without worrying about finances? The 2024 Wellington Scholarship Program is here to turn that dream into reality. Let us embark on a journey to thrive in the vibrant landscapes of New Zealand!
The 2024 Wellington Scholarship Program of the Victoria University of Wellington offers a fully funded opportunity for doctoral students of the university.
These scholarships encourage and support doctoral study (PhD) at Victoria University of Wellington.
In this article, we will give you the step-by-step process of applying for the scholarship, among several other pieces of information.
- Host Country: New Zealand
- Study Abroad: Study in Australia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | $29,500 Yearly Stipend
- Number of Slots: 110 Students per Year
- Deadline: March 1, 2024
We encourage you to contact us on our different channels if you want to learn more about this unique process.
- Whatsapp: Naijonline Scholarship Updates
- Facebook: Naijonline Scholarship Updates
- Twitter: Naijonline Scholarship Updates
The Wellington Scholarship Program was established to encourage postgraduate research. Victoria University of Wellington offers scholarships to those beginning their doctoral studies.
These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline.
To be considered for the Wellington Scholarship Program, you must be:
- Graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand who intend to Enroll full-time for a Doctorate (Ph.D.) or
- Graduates who have commenced their doctoral study at the Victoria University of Wellington.
- Please note: It is essential to refer to the website for regulations and further process requirements regarding applying for this scholarship.
All offers of the Wellington Scholarship Program consist of a $29,500 per annum stipend plus domestic tuition fees for up to three years.
The scholarships are offered to the top-ranked candidates in any Doctoral admission and scholarship application round throughout the year. To be considered for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship, the applicant must have a strong academic record and excellent academic references or:
- demonstrated potential for high-quality research; or
- a record of publication in high-quality journals commensurate with experience and education.
The Victoria Research Scholarships Committee makes the final selection of those applicants whom the relevant School and Faculty have put forward.
Offers of Wellington Doctoral Scholarships will be made approximately six weeks after each closing date in March, July, and November of the year of application.
As some applicants may decline an offer, further offers may be made, and some applicants will not be finally notified of the success or otherwise of their applications three months after application.
How to apply (The procedure):
You can start applying for a PhD or Doctor of Musical Arts at any time under the Wellington Scholarship Program. Still, we only consider applications three times a year—the deadlines are March 1, July 1, and November 1.
Applications for the Doctor of Education, Doctor of Health, Doctor of Nursing, and Doctor of Midwifery are considered annually—the deadline is November 1.
We strongly advise that you start your application as early as possible. You must reapply in the following round if you haven’t completed your application by 4.30 pm (NZ time) on the deadline.
Deadline: March 1, 2024
The 2024 Wellington Scholarship Program is about flourishing in a new academic and cultural environment. The fully funded nature of the scholarship opens doors to an enriching experience. Don’t miss out; apply, and let New Zealand be the backdrop to your educational adventure. Your journey to thriving in New Zealand begins now!