Embark on your UK study journey! Exciting news – the Chevening scholarship is now open. In this article, we’ll deeply dive into this scholarship, its application process, and its wonderful benefits.
The Chevening Scholarship for 2024-2025 is a fully funded master’s scholarship for international students. It covers your university tuition fees, provides a monthly living allowance, an economy class return airfare to the UK, and additional grants to help with essential expenses.
Chevening offers future leaders and influencers worldwide a unique opportunity to grow both professionally and academically, expand their global networks, immerse themselves in UK culture, and build lasting, valuable connections with the UK. The UK government’s international awards program is designed to nurture global leaders, and they offer about 1,500 scholarships worldwide.
Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations, Chevening offers two types of awards – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships. Recipients are personally selected from all over the world by British embassies and high commissions.
Chevening Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): UK Universities
- Study in: UK
- Courses Offered: Full-time taught Masters Degree Program in any subject.
- Program Period: Depends on the selected program but not more than a one-year postgraduate course.
- Chevening Scholarship Deadline: November 7, 2023
We encourage you to contact us on our different channels if you want to learn more about this unique process.
- Whatsapp: Naijonline Scholarship Updates
- Facebook: Naijonline Scholarship Updates
- Twitter: Naijonline Scholarship Updates
To be eligible for Chevening Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for a complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry into a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may differ depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university coursesand receive an unconditional offer from one of these choices by July.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you could not receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
Chevening Scholarship, provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- University tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend.
- Travel costs to and from the UK.
- An arrival allowance.
- A homeward departure allowance.
- The cost of one visa application.
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
How to Apply ?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Chevening Scholarship:
- Choose your country from here, then choose Chevening Scholarship.
- Create an account.
- Fill your profile with your personal information, save the data and validate your profile, then start your application.
- Complete the quiz to assure your eligibility for the Scholarship.
- Fill the application with the required data and prepare the following documents:
- Completed education documents.
- English language qualification.
- Conditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three).
- Unconditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three) (You must upload at least one unconditional offer by July).
- References (If you are invited to interview you will be invited to upload two references).
- Passport / ID document.
- Submit the application.
To know more about Chevening Scholarships, please visit the official website: Official Website
The Chevening Scholarship is more than just financial aid; it’s an invitation to become a global leader, broaden your horizons, and make lasting connections. As we’ve explored in this blog post, this scholarship is your path to success. Don’t wait; seize this opportunity, apply, and let Chevening be your key to a brighter future filled with knowledge and global experiences. Your journey of a lifetime begins here!
For more scholarship opportunities in UK, Canada, US etc Click Here