I have Good News, Your funded academic journey awaits, and the DAAD Scholarship is your key to unlocking the doors to a world of possibilities. Funding often stands as a hurdle between dreams and reality in the vast realm of educational aspirations. The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) emerges as a beacon of hope for ambitious students and researchers seeking to study and explore in Germany. DAAD is the world’s largest funding organization, with a legacy of supporting over 100,000 students and researchers globally. It opens doors, breaks barriers, and transforms dreams into tangible opportunities.
Imagine a world where your research and studies are encouraged and financially supported, where monetary constraints do not limit your ambitions but are fueled by resources. DAAD Scholarships pave this very path, creating avenues for graduates, doctoral students, and postdocs to immerse themselves in the vibrant academic landscape of Germany.
The benefits offered by the respective scholarship program differ and are described in the call for applications in the scholarship database. Generally, it covers:
- A monthly scholarship payment (€ 861 for graduates, € 1,200 for doctoral/Ph.D. students, university teachers are usually € 2,000 for assistant teachers, assistant professors, and lecturers, € 2,150 for professors)
- A flat-rate travel allowance.
- Health, accident, and personal liability insurance.
- A one-off research allowance, family benefits, or funds for language courses
We encourage you to contact us on our different channels if you want to learn more about this unique process.
- Whatsapp: Naijonline Scholarship Updates
- Facebook: Naijonline Scholarship Updates
- Twitter: Naijonline Scholarship Updates
Applicants for DAAD Scholarships must:
- Have obtained relevant certificates from recognized institutions of higher learning.
- Applicants from all over the world are eligible to apply.
- Must demonstrate strong academic and leadership abilities.
- The quality of the project: for study and research visits, courses of continuing education: a convincing and well-planned project.
- A well-founded choice, of course, as documented by the letter of motivation.
- Academic achievements
Additional selection criteria, e.g., language skills, may be relevant depending on the scholarship program.
Preparing your Application:
- Letter of motivation that describes your professional and personal reasons for wishing to study in Germany, not more than three pages. The content should include your education, skills, academic motivation, personal interest, and reasons for applying for a scholarship.
- Proposal: should be detailed and precise, having the objective, current state of literature, key research questions, research strategies/methods, ethical issues, and research bibliography clearly outlined.
Planning your Project: You need confirmation from a university teacher to conduct individual research or complete a doctorate in Germany. It would help if you got a host who can be a university teacher or teacher working at a state-recognized institution of higher learning.
How to apply: Applicants must register online in the DAAD portal. Select your chosen scholarship program in the scholarship database and then the tab “Apply.” Application procedures may vary depending on the scholarship program. Applicants must read the “Application Procedures” in the scholarship database to find out where and how to apply. Applicants can apply by following the steps below:
- Download the application form for the DAAD scholarship.
- Make a personalized CV with your signature.
- Write a motivation letter and hand sign it.
- Write a detailed Research proposal.
- Get a recommendation letter from your previous university
- Get a host from a government or state-recognized institution of higher learning.
Applicants should note that there is no age limit for applicants interested in applying for DAAD Scholarships. DAAD Scholarships are generally open to all subjects. However, applicants must ensure that their course of study is on the eligible programs as certain subjects have certain restrictions (e.g., medicine).
As you apply for the DAAD Scholarship 2023/2024, remember this isn’t just a scholarship; it’s a gateway to a future where your potential knows no bounds. DAAD isn’t just an organization; it’s a mentor guiding you toward excellence and success.
Seize this opportunity. Dive into the application process with knowledge, determination, and a passion for learning. Your funded academic journey awaits, and the DAAD Scholarship is your key to unlocking the doors to a world of possibilities. Don’t hesitate; your future in Germany starts here!