The AAUW International Fellowships awards for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions are supported.
Women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Preference is given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work.
- Host: USA
- Course starts 1 July 2024
- Category: Masters Degree
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Monthly Stipends | Attractive Compensation
- IELTS Required
- Deadline: 15 Nov 2023 (annual)
Imagine a world where education knows no borders, where talented women from across the globe come together to pursue their dreams in the heart of academic excellence—the United States. The American Association of University Women (AAUW) makes this vision a reality through its prestigious International Fellowships, granting exceptional women the opportunity to embark on transformative journeys of graduate and postgraduate studies.
AAUW International Fellowships stand as beacons of empowerment, illuminating the path for aspiring women scholars. These coveted awards are not just financial assistance; they are key-holders to a world of knowledge, leadership, and limitless possibilities.
The AAUW International Fellowships are highly sought-after and fiercely competitive. They represent a rare chance to join the ranks of accomplished women who have shaped nations and broken barriers. It’s not merely about funding; it’s about recognition and belief in your potential to make a difference.
More than just a scholarship, AAUW International Fellowships are catalysts for leadership. They nurture a spirit of innovation and resilience, instilling in each fellow the confidence to challenge norms and champion gender equality. The program isn’t just about studying; it’s about becoming a leader who transforms societies.
At the heart of AAUW International Fellowships lies a commitment to dismantling gender barriers. By supporting women scholars from diverse backgrounds, the program champions the cause of gender equality, fostering an environment where talent knows no gender constraints.
Immerse yourself in a diverse community of scholars from every corner of the world. AAUW International Fellowships create a global network of thinkers, innovators, and change-makers, fostering collaboration that transcends borders.
Beyond financial assistance, AAUW provides mentorship and support networks. Imagine having accomplished mentors guiding you, sharing their wisdom, and helping you navigate the complexities of academia and beyond.
By becoming an AAUW International Fellow, you join a legacy of trailblazing women who have transformed societies. Your journey isn’t just about your education; it’s about the impact you’ll make, the barriers you’ll break, and the future you’ll shape.
The AAUW International Fellowships are your invitation to a transformative experience. They are more than just scholarships; they are your passport to a world where education empowers, leadership inspires, and gender equality prevails. Seize this opportunity to redefine your future and contribute to a global legacy of excellence and change.
*Apply now and step into a world where your potential knows no limits. The AAUW International Fellowships await your brilliance and determination.*
We encourage you to contact us on our different channels if you want to learn more about this unique process.
- Whatsapp: Naijonline Scholarship Updates
- Facebook: Naijonline Scholarship Updates
- Twitter: Naijonline Scholarship Updates
To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a non-immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed
- Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career upon completion of their studies
- Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting a valid TOEFL or IELTS score (TOEFL iBT (Internet-Based Test): 79; TOEFL Essentials: 8.5; Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test: 60; IELTS: 6.5)
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by 15 November, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application. While acceptance is not required at the time of application, fellows must provide official confirmation from the institution with their award acceptance materials.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A.; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
See the full eligibility criteria at the official website (link found below) for more details.
Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $20,000
Doctorate Fellowship: $25,000
Postdoctoral Fellowship: $50,000
- Citizenship: Applicants must be women who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Academic Degree: Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent by the application deadline.
- Intent to Return: Fellows are expected to return to their home countries upon completion of their studies.
- English Proficiency: Proficiency in English is required. Applicants whose native language is not English must submit official English proficiency test scores (such as TOEFL or IELTS).
Method of Application
Applications and submission of supporting documents are done online. The application deadline for the 2023-2024 Application is 15 November 2023, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application and for detailed updated information on this scholarship/fellowship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/fellowships-grants/current-opportunities/international/
The AAUW International Fellowships offer a unique opportunity for women worldwide to pursue advanced studies in the United States, fostering academic excellence, leadership, and cross-cultural understanding.
For the most current and detailed information about AAUW International Fellowships, including specific application requirements, deadlines, and fellowship terms, it is essential to visit the official AAUW website or contact the organization directly.