UK Needs Poultry Farmers: Your Guide to the Seasonal Skilled Worker UK Visa

The Seasonal Skilled Worker UK visa is your ticket to this unique experience. It’s not a traditional job; it’s a chance to be a part of something natural and beautiful. Whether you fancy plucking fresh fruits from trees or handling poultry on a farm, this visa opens doors to a world of possibilities.


You can apply for a Seasonal Skilled Worker UK visa to come to the UK and work in:

  • horticulture for up to 6 months – for example, picking fruit and vegetables or flowers
  • poultry from 2 October to 31 December in the same year

You must apply for poultry Seasonal Skilled Worker UK visas by 15 November each year.

You can apply for horticulture Seasonal Skilled Worker UK visas at any time of year.

You’ll need to:

This visa has replaced the Temporary Worker – Seasonal Skilled Worker UK visa (T5).

How long it takes

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship.

You must prove your identity and provide your documents as part of your application.

You may need to allow extra time if you need an appointment to do this. You’ll find out if you need one when you start your application.

Getting a decision

Once you’ve applied online, proved your identity, and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within three weeks.

What you can and cannot do

You can:

Check this out  US Citizen Visa Requirements for Studying in the UK: A Comprehensive Guide for Scholarship-Seeking Students

You cannot:

  • take a permanent job
  • work in a second job or a job that isn’t described in your certificate of sponsorship
  • get public funds
  • bring family members with you

How much it costs

You will need to:

Application fee

The application fee is £298.

How long you can stay

You can stay in the UK:

  • up to 6 months for horticulture work
  • from 18 October to 31 December each year for poultry work

You can enter the UK as soon as your visa is valid (up to 14 days before the start date of your job).


You must be 18 or over when you apply and have both of the following:

  • a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor
  • enough money to support yourself in the UK – you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you’re exempt)

Your employer must make sure your job pays at least the minimum wage and follows the UK rules for how many hours a week you work. If your employer does not do this, your application will be refused.

Certificate of sponsorship

A certificate of sponsorship is a reference number which holds information about the job and your personal details. It’s not an actual certificate or paper document.

Your sponsor will give you your certificate of sponsorship reference number.

You’ll need to add your certificate of sponsorship reference number to your visa application form – you can only use it once.

Your certificate of sponsorship is valid for 3 months from the date it’s assigned to you.

Money to support yourself

You must have at least £1,270 in your bank account to show you can support yourself in the UK.

Check this out  How to Travel to the USA with Illinois Registered Nurse License

You will need to have had the money available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for this visa.

You’ll usually need to show proof of this when you apply, unless your sponsor can cover your costs during your first month in the UK, up to £1,270.

Read the guidance on financial evidence for more information about the money you need and how to prove it.

If your sponsor can support you instead

Your certificate of sponsorship must confirm this. Your sponsor will need to complete the ‘sponsor certifies maintenance’ section on your certificate. This is under ‘Additional data’.

Documents You Must Provide

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

  • your certificate of sponsorship reference number – your sponsor will give you this
  • a valid passport or other document that shows your identity and nationality
  • evidence that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK, for example bank statements (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your sponsor can support you)

You need a blank page in your passport for your visa. If you have another type of travel document (for example, a stateless person’s travel document) it must have space for your visa.

You must also provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh, apart from your passport.

The Home Office might ask you to provide additional documents after you apply.

We encourage you to contact us on our different channels if you want to learn more about this unique process.

Application Procedure

You must apply online for this visa.

As part of your application, you’ll need to prove your identity. How you do this depends on where you’re from and what type of passport you have.

Check this out  Apply Now to Work and Live in the United Kingdom: African Teachers Needed in UK Schools

You’ll either:

  • have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre
  • use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan your identity document – you’ll also create or sign into your UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account

You’ll be told what you need to do when you apply.

If you do need an appointment:

  • the center may need to keep your passport and documents while they process your application
  • you may have to travel to get to your nearest visa application centre (this could be in another country)

If you’ve applied through a visa application centre, find out if you can pay to get a faster decision – this depends on where you’re applying from.

If you have a child while you’re in the UK

If you have a child while you’re in the UK, they do not automatically become a British citizen.

You can apply online for their visa as your dependant. You must do this if you want to travel in and out of the UK with your child.

You’ll need to provide a full UK birth certificate for each child, showing the names of both parents.

Considering the Seasonal Skilled Worker UK visa, consider it more than a work opportunity. It’s a chance to witness the UK’s changing seasons, be a part of a vibrant community, and gather experiences that will stay with you forever. It’s about waking up to the fresh morning dew, feeling the soil beneath your fingers, and being surrounded by the beauty of nature.

The Seasonal Skilled Worker UK visa isn’t just about earning; it’s about living life in its purest, most natural form. Seize the opportunity, pack your bags, and get ready to embark on a unique journey. The UK’s seasonal wonders are waiting; this visa is your invitation to be a part of something extraordinary. Don’t miss out; your adventure begins now.

For more opportunities to study and move to the UK, Canada, US, Australia click here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *