These scholarships aim to support outstanding candidates from developing countries with a strong academic and professional background. Successful recipients typically have prior work experience in a public authority, state institution, or private company in a developing nation. This experience is marked by involvement in the planning and execution of directives and projects, particularly those focusing on development policies in the realms of technology, economics, and social impact.
Those awarded the DAAD University of Hohenheim AgEcon Scholarship will benefit from a waived tuition fee for the entire two-year duration of the Agricultural Economics Master’s program. Additionally, they will receive comprehensive health insurance coverage, a monthly living stipend, funding for travel expenses to and from Germany, and support for research endeavors (for specific details and additional benefits, refer to the EPOS webpage).
As an integral component of the DAAD EPOS initiative, recipients will also undergo an intensive German language course from August to September at a designated language center in Germany prior to commencing the Master’s program.
Type: Masters, PhD
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): Germany
The eligibility criteria for the DAAD University of Hohenheim AgEcon Scholarships are quite rigorous, and applicants must meet the following prerequisites:
- Citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of a developing country.
- Professional Experience: A minimum of two years of professional experience after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree is required prior to the application deadline. It’s essential to note that work experience in academia, such as teaching or research at a university or research institute, is generally not considered relevant for this initiative. Only under very exceptional circumstances can such an experience be accepted.
- Academic Degrees: Academic degrees (Bachelor’s or equivalent) should have been completed within the last six years from the date of application.
- Development-Related Motivations: Applicants should demonstrate a clear and genuine interest in development-related issues, as well as a commitment to making a meaningful impact in their respective fields.
- Residency in Germany: Applicants must not have resided in Germany for more than 15 months by the application deadline.
It’s important to note that the DAAD University of Hohenheim AgEcon Scholarships are highly competitive, and meeting these baseline requirements is just the initial step in the application process. Successful candidates will also need to meet the program-specific admission requirements set by the University of Hohenheim for the Agricultural Economics Master’s program.
Selection Criteria for Hohenheim AgEcon Scholarships
In addition to meeting the specific eligibility criteria for the DAAD University of Hohenheim AgEcon Scholarships, applicants must also satisfy the basic requirements for the Master’s program, which include:
- Bachelor’s Degree: A Bachelor’s degree in a related field with above-average academic performance is a prerequisite.
- English Proficiency: Applicants must provide official evidence of English proficiency as outlined in the admission regulations. For example, acceptable tests include IELTS Academic with an overall Band score of 6.5 or TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 90.
- Please note: A language proficiency certificate from the applicant’s university is not considered sufficient. Even if the applicant has pursued their entire university education in English (e.g., in countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Ethiopia, India, etc.), they are still required to submit the results of an official English proficiency test. No exceptions will be made.
- Undergraduate Coursework: Proof of completion of undergraduate courses in statistics and economics is mandatory.
- AgEcon PreTest: Applicants must also provide evidence of self-evaluation through the AgEcon PreTest.
For detailed information on admission regulations, applicants can refer to the official document available for download (in German) or the reference version provided in English.
Number of Awards: Not specified
The DAAD University of Hohenheim AgEcon Scholarships offer valuable benefits to recipients:
- Monthly Stipend: DAAD scholars will receive a monthly stipend of EUR 750 throughout the two-year duration of the AgEcon Scholarships program.
- Intensive German Language Course: Prior to the commencement of the program, recipients will participate in a two-month intensive German language course. This course is an integral component of the DAAD initiative and is held at the Language Center of the University of Hohenheim. It takes place during the months of August and September.
How to Apply
DAAD EPOS scholarship application documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To apply for the DAAD University of Hohenheim AgEcon Scholarships, please follow these steps:
- Download Application Form: Obtain the official DAAD application form.
- Complete the Application Form: Fill out the application form with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Gather Required Documents: As outlined on the program webpage, make sure to prepare all the necessary documents.
- Note Regarding Professional Experience: Keep in mind that teaching and research positions at a university or research institute are not considered professional experience by the DAAD, with the exception of Ph.D. postgraduate courses.
- Submit Application: Submit the completed application form along with all the required documents.
- Wishing you success in your application process!
Make sure to carefully review the specific requirements and deadlines mentioned on the program webpage for a successful application. For more scholarship opportunities, click here