High-achieving international students are invited to apply for the 2023 ASU Global Education Planning Scholarship, which will be given for approved academic programs in the first academic year.
By lowering the financial barrier that would discourage some students from exploring this choice, ASU Global Education Planning Scholarships give first-generation college undergraduate students the chance to also be the first in their families to take part in a global education program.
What to know about the scholarship
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Arizona State University (ASU), USA
Host Institution(s): Arizona State University (ASU), USA
Scholarship Worth: $4,000 to be used on any traveling GEO program
Number of Awards: 20
Study Level: Undergraduates
Nationality: International Students
Scholarship for Global Education Planning at ASU in Details
ASU is committed to fostering global education experiences for students, recognizing their significance in personal development. To make this dream a reality for first-generation college students, the university offers scholarships to recipients, who will be engaged in a series of enriching activities.
Upon receiving the scholarship, recipients will have the opportunity to participate in a survey focusing on their interests in global education. This survey will serve as a foundation for connecting them with experienced staff from the Global Education Office (GEO). The dedicated GEO staff will work closely with the scholarship recipients to tailor an international experience that aligns with their passions and aspirations.
In addition to the international experience, scholarship recipients will commit to a follow-on project. This project aims to empower students to give back to their communities or share their cross-cultural learning experiences with others. It is through these follow-on projects that ASU seeks to amplify the impact of global education and inspire positive change worldwide.
To support the scholarship recipients throughout their journey, ASU encourages them to attend various workshops and information sessions organized by the GEO. These sessions provide valuable insights, guidance, and resources to help students make informed decisions and get the most out of their international experience.
With these scholarship opportunities and the comprehensive support system in place, ASU is determined to empower first-generation college students to embark on transformative global education journeys that will not only shape their academic and personal growth but also contribute to creating a more interconnected and compassionate world.
To qualify for the ASU Global Education Planning Scholarship for International Students, candidates are required to satisfy the following criteria:
- Candidates must be the first person in their family to pursue a college education, i.e., first-generation college students.
- Applicants should have completed the equivalent of two full-time semesters of ASU credit hours and have those credits officially posted at the time of applying, making them rising Sophomores.
- A minimum cumulative ASU GPA of 2.0 must be maintained by applicants at the time of application.
- Displaying financial need is a prerequisite for eligibility, and applicants should have a current FAFSA on file with ASU Financial Aid and Scholarship Services during the application process.
- Candidates must maintain good standing with the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities to be eligible for this scholarship.
- It is mandatory for applicants to provide evidence of their proficiency in the English language.
Applying for the ASU Global Education Planning Scholarship is a straightforward process, conducted entirely online through the designated application portal. To ensure a successful application, please follow these steps and submit the required documents as outlined below:
- Cost and Financial Preparation: Understand the financial aspects of the scholarship and prepare accordingly.
- International Exchange Program Application: Complete the application form for the international exchange program.
- Official Transcript: Provide your official academic transcript to demonstrate your academic history.
- Passport Identification Page: Upload a copy of the identification page of your passport.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency: Submit evidence of your proficiency in the English language.
- Proof of Financial Support: Furnish documentation showing your financial capacity to support your studies.
- Statement of Understanding: Include a statement indicating your understanding of the scholarship requirements.
Remember to submit all the necessary items in English and ensure that you carefully follow the instructions for each item as provided in the online application system. The completed application and required materials should be uploaded to the online application portal by the specified deadline for consideration.
Please make sure to review your application thoroughly before submission to avoid any discrepancies or omissions. We wish you the best of luck with your application for the ASU Global Education Planning Scholarship!
September 1, 2023 is the deadline for applications.