Reading is a fundamental skill that is essential for success in school and in life. Unfortunately, not all children have the opportunity to develop their reading skills. The New Worlds Reading Scholarship is a program that provides financial assistance to K-5 students who are struggling with reading.
To be eligible for the New Worlds Reading Scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a Florida public or district-sponsored charter school.
- Not yet be reading on grade level.
- Have a parent or guardian who is willing to participate in the program.
How to Apply for the New Worlds Reading Scholarship
To apply for the New Worlds Reading Scholarship, students must do the following:
- Go to the New Worlds Reading website and create an account.
- Complete the online application form.
- Submit the required documentation, which includes:
- A copy of the student’s most recent report card.
- A letter from the student’s teacher describing the student’s reading progress.
- A letter from the student’s parent or guardian describing the student’s home reading environment.
Selection Process for the New Worlds Reading Scholarship
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of educators and literacy experts. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement.
- Reading ability.
- Family circumstances.
What is the amount of the New World Reading Scolarship
Each eligible student will be paid $500 for the 2022-2023 school year
Scholarship recipients will be notified by email in early March.
The New Worlds Reading Scholarship is a great opportunity for K-5 students who are struggling with reading. If you are interested in applying, please visit the New Worlds Reading website for more information.
In addition to the financial assistance, New Worlds Reading Scholarship recipients also receive access to a variety of resources and support services, including:
- Individualized tutoring.
- Group reading instruction.
- Access to a variety of reading materials.
- Family literacy programs.
“The New Worlds Reading Scholarship has made a huge difference in my son’s life. He was struggling to read before he started the program, but now he’s making great progress. I’m so grateful for this opportunity.” – Parent of a New Worlds Reading Scholarship recipient
“The New Worlds Reading Scholarship has helped me to become a better reader. I’m now able to read more fluently and comprehend what I’m reading. I’m so glad that I had the opportunity to participate in this program.” – Student who received a New Worlds Reading Scholarship
If you are a K-5 student who is struggling with reading, I encourage you to apply for the New Worlds Reading Scholarship. This scholarship can provide you with the financial assistance and support you need to improve your reading skills.
Here are some additional tips for improving your reading skills:
- Read every day. The more you read, the better you will become at it.
- Find books that you enjoy reading. This will make it more fun and easier to stick with it.
- Talk to your teacher or librarian about books that you might like.
- Ask for help when you need it. Don’t be afraid to ask your teacher, librarian, or parent for help if you are struggling with a book.
Remember, reading is a skill that takes time and practice to develop. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately. Just keep reading and practicing, and you will eventually see improvement.